1971 El Camino 2JZGTE, 6 Speed Manual, Ford 9 Inch, 800HP Owners Car
Click to Enlarge
We know our customers need to save a little extra whenever possible, so we have introduced our "Make an Offer" feature! Here is how it works. You will have a maximum of three bids, that we review instantly. If accepted you win and can immediately buy the product at that price. Don't worry, if you don't win we will make you an instant offer to buy it now. Another way to help you save big with SupraStore.com!
This is the only A-Body Chevrolet with the 2JZ swap in the world. Featured in Hot Rod Magazine, Super Street (Best of Show) and it's a daily driver with a fully custom A/C system. AEM Infinity EMS controls everything, so it runs on 91-93 Octane, E50-E85 (flex fuel sensor and enabled) and race fuel. She runs and drives excellent.
The paint is a multi-stage House of Kolor Brandywine and even after 10-years is stunning. While it has some scratches, light bubbles and some nicks here and there, its still a double head turner and because it is an older paint job, it can be daily driven (it's driven frequently). I toss my mountain bike in the back and head to the trailhead with it.
We picked up the car out of CA a number of years ago as a factory 350 with an auto trans and 10 bolt rear-end and to be honest, it was slower than a UPS truck.
The owner at that time had done all new glass (35% ceramic tint done recently), all new chrome trim, bumpers, new inner fender liners and while it is no frame-off restoration it is very clean. We wanted to be able to drive it anywhere at any time (rain or shine), so it's perfect. Wicked fast, docile when need be.
This is our founder and CEO's personal car and the entire swap was done by us in-house. We started with a 2JZGTE VVT-i and went through it with new seals, belts, water pump, PHR oil pump and rebuilt the VVT-i system. It has been coupled to a Nissan CD009 6-speed (nearly new), single disc billet clutch, and our adaptor package for the 2JZ to CD009 gearbox.
After massaging the tunnel and the firewall and TIG welding it together, the combination was dropped right in with custom motor mounts, cross member mounts and a frame kit to eliminate any possible flex at 800+ HP. We fitted a new EFI fuel tank with stainless braided AN lines and hardware, along with a single TI 495 LPH (Hellcat) in tank pump (900+HP on gas).
The entire fuel system is ethanol compliant. Custom single piece driveshaft, 3.00 rear end makes the car drive exactly like a MKIV Supra. Currie Industries built us the 9" rear end, fitted it with the biggest axles they build and sent it to us for installation!
After completing the tunnel install, we went with an aggressive sound deadening and vibration elimination methodology using a three-step process. 1. Full Dynomat installation. 2. On top of the Dynomat we installed a sound deadening carpet pad system. 3. We capped it all off with a sound based black carpet install for a clean finished look. Foot pads, hand stitched in red including the custom shifter boot, completed the interior. New headliner, very good condition door panels and the factory dash and auto cluster remain (not used).
Wilwood supplied us their 6-piston disc brake kit for the front and their 4 piston unit in the rear. QA1 boxed rear trailing arms, QA1 fully adjustable rear toe links, American Racing VN501 wheels (18's) with 275 ToyoR888's in the rear and 255's up front.
The 2JZGTE engine is fitted with our SupraStore.com tubular v-band manifold, hand built downpipe, hand built 4"exhaust with an old school dual side exit. We used a Precision 6766 turbo v-band configured, Tial wastegate and blow off valve, Custom intercooler, aluminum radiator with a custom dual shroud (stays cool in the summer and is computer controlled), Radium TIG welded vented valve covers.
2JZGTE VVT-i Engine w/ new water pump, PHR modified oilpump, rebuilt VVT-I system, crank seal, belts, etc.
· AEM Infinity Stand Alone Engine Management System (full sensor package)
· AEM Dash CD5 (digital display in cabin)
· SupraStore.com adaptor kit (CD009 to 2JZ)
· Billet Flywheel with an 800HP Single Disc Clutch (10 miles, smooth and chatter free)
· GK Tech 6 Speed Shifter (customized for our El Camino)
· SupraStore.com Pro Series Stainless Tubular Intake Manifold Turbo Kit
O Currie Ford 9” Rear End. True Trac Differential 3.00,Nodular Race, 35 Spline, 1350 Billet Yoke, Pinion Support
· QA1 fully adjustable toe links and QA1 boxed rear trailing arms
· Wilwood 6 Piston Big Brake Kit Front, Wilwood 4” Piston Big Brake Kit Rear. Parking brake kit.
· King’s Royal Chamber Billet Intake Manifold and Throttle Body
· Mishimoto Custom 2JZ Aluminum Radiator
· Mishimoto Dual Fan Shrouded Enclosure (car stays cool in 118F degree AZ summers) EMS controlled
· SupraStore.com Custom Fabricated Front Mount Intercooler
· American Racing VN501 18” Wheels with Yokohama R888 275rears and 255 fronts
Tweaked Performance Full Wiring Harness
· Power House Racing Billet Accessory Pulley Kit
· SFI crank dampener
· Injector Dynamics Injectors
· Fuel Lab FPR & Filter
· SupraStore.com Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover
· Halo LED headlight conversion
· Scat Bucket Seats (tilt and slide)
· Hand TIG welded down pipe, mid pipe and exhaust system 4”
· GPS speedometer and odometer integrated in AEM Dash.
· Bilstein Shocks w/ Lowering Springs (rides great and corners fantastic)
· Hellwig Pro Touring Tubular Front and Rear Anti Roll Bars
· Pro Series alignment (tracks perfect, no odd tire wear)
· 150 Amp Alternator
· Build has about 5800 miles on it since complete.
There are countless hours and tens of thousands invested in this build. The only El Camino of its kind in the world. International buyers are welcome, as we have experience in coordinating shipping globally.
We can get serious prospects any picture or video you want. Car is located in sunny Arizona and is ready for immediate sale. While it's not perfect (it's 50 years old), it's reliable, incredibly put together and an absolute one-off build by the Legendary 2JZ Shop SupraStore.com.
I drive it 3-4 days a week, so the miles will probably pop up over 6000. I'm sure we've left out a few details, but it's time for a new project! Happy buying!!
Located in Sunny Phoenix, Arizona. Will assist in shipping anywhere in the world.