NO LONGER AVAILABLE MAP ECU 3 for SUPRA's , LEXUS, MR2's, NISSAN 240's & MORE FREE SHIPPING
Click to Enlarge
We know our customers need to save a little extra whenever possible, so we have introduced our "Make an Offer" feature! Here is how it works. You will have a maximum of three bids, that we review instantly. If accepted you win and can immediately buy the product at that price. Don't worry, if you don't win we will make you an instant offer to buy it now. Another way to help you save big with SupraStore.com!
MAP-ECU3 WiFi Module with SMA antenna connector
A new WiFi specific aluminum end plate
1″ Stubby SMA WiFi antenna
Square drive screw driver bit
When the original big dogs of the Supra community first converted to single turbos and larger injectors, we used what was called the "Alphabet Soup of HKS products": VPC/GCC/BCC. It worked well, but those are all outdated now. The MAP ECU is basically an interceptor, where it takes the factory signals, allows many to be modified, while at the same time allows for the safety of the factory ECU, which is still run. You can call it a piggy-back computer for your factory computer. Your factory computer stays in the car and controls everything, this just helps you TUNE IT! Amazing device, this MAP ECU is.
Fast forward into the 21st Century and say you want to upgrade to a smaller single turbo and slightly larger injectors (up to 1000cc), but you want to keep your factory computer and put on a quality piggy back to help with the added air flow and injector size. This is your simplest and most cost-effective solution there is. The MAP ECU is NOT just for Supra's and LEXUS but a host of other cars as well.
The MAP-ECU 3 works on most Domestic and Imports, e.g. Alfa Romeo, BMW, Porsche, Toyota, Lexus, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Infinity, Honda, Acura, Subaru, Mazda, Proton, Hyundai and most other late model fuel injected vehicles using most major types of air metering systems (hotwire, flap, and Karman-Vortex) found in use today. It can be installed on any 1-16 cylinder engine in less than an hour, and completely replaces the restrictive factory air meter.
What kinds of cars, and how many do you know of that use the MAP ECU successfully? TONS!!! It works great on most all motors and is highly capable for the 7MGTE, 1JZGTE and 2JZGTE engines, whether in the original car or swapped.
40+ 1993+ Supra Twin Turbo
10+ 1993 Supra Non-Turbo (most with Turbo Kits)
10+ 1986-92 Supra Turbo 7MGE, 7MGTE, 1JZGTE
10+ Eclipses (1989-99)
Multiple 240SX's (1989-98)
Multiple 3000GT VR4's
Miata with Turbo Kit
Civic with Turbo Kit
The MAP ECU is a simple install, but if you do not feel comfortably splicing into the factory wiring harness, we have available a "plug-n-play" wiring harness for US Spec 2JZGTE or 2JZGE (for NA-T owners) available.
If you order a start-up tuning map (a modified program to work on your specific car), our staff will contact you for details.
This new piggy-back system is similar in function and design to the super-popular HKS VPC (now discontinued), however, the MAP ECU takes it one step further by allowing end-user programmability through Windows based software via a serial com port. This means that the MAP ECU can replace the HKS VPC, HKS GCC3, and any other type of piggyback fuel computer such as the Super AFC and AFR. Basic setup takes only a few minutes, and allows the user to set number of cylinders (1-16), type of air metering system, throttle position hi/low, and type of oxygen sensor utilized (if any).
We really love the MAP ECU and while it works on a host of cars, it is great for 7M, 1JZ and 2JZ owners, because there is such a large install base.
Back in the day when people wanted to upgrade to big single turbos and larger injectors, the only thing available was the HKS VPC/GCC alphabet soup solution, which costed $1500 for a few knobs.
The MAP ECU 3 is great because it is a true-piggy back for the factory ECU, so the car runs all its critical functions on the factory computer and the MAP ECU is wired as a powerful supplemental tuning device. It takes about 3 hours to install and tuning is straight forward, but listen, if you know nothing about tuning, get someone who does to help you.
It is the most cost-effective means to add a single turbo and larger injectors to your 7M, 1JZ or 2JZ motor. Cars are running up to 800 HP on this unit.
The MAPECU3 replaces the MAP-ECU2 and is a major functional upgrade over the MAP-ECU with the following features:
1. USB Interface which also powers the MAP-ECU3 for out of vehicle configuration.
2. Optional WiFi interface
3. Built-in +42 PSI MAP Sensor.
4. Additional general purpose Analog Input and Output for FCD, etc.
5. Fully configurable Inputs and Outputs, including TPS and O2 inputs.
6. Advanced Launch Control with Speed Input and Timing Retard.
7. Advanced NOS™ activation with RPM, Throttle, Boost and Speed parameters.
8. Real-time multi-zone tuning.
9. Sixteen (16) operational modes including: MAF Elimination, MAF Intercept, TPS load, and more.
10. Full Timing advance and retard control of up to eight (8) channels for Distributor, Group Fire or Coil On Plug configurations using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
11. Auxiliary Injector control using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
12. OEM O2 & AFR Sensor Adjust 26 x 19 (494 zone) table allowing control over Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-loop mode.
13. 10,000 RPM scale.
14. Two (2) complete sets of Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector, O2 Adjust and EBC tables selectable using a dashboard mounted switch.
15. Electronic Boost Control with 1000 RPM target boost points. External and Internal Wastegate support including Fast Spool mode for Internal Wastegates.
16. 2 x Fuel Cut Defeat (FCD) with over boost safety release.
17. Combined Speed Cut Defeat (SCD) and Speed Adjust.
18. Lean Boost Retard safety function
19. External MAP Sensor option
20. User selectable pressure scales
The MAP-ECU3 kit includes:
Main 16-Way harness
18-Way Timing Harness
PC CDROM software
2 meter USB cable
Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor
Manual in PDF format.
The MAP-ECU3 works on Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Proton, Subaru, Toyota, VW and most other late model fuel injected vehicles using most major types of air metering systems (Hotwire, Flap, and Karman-Vortex) found in use today. It can be installed on any 1-10 cylinder engine in less than an hour, and completely replaces the restrictive factory air meter. No special fitting kits or special adapters are required.
The benefits include:
1. More horsepower and torque by removal of the restrictive factory air meter and control over timing.
2. Ideal for N/A to forced induction conversions.
3. The ability to use the stock ECM to control larger fuel injectors and/or performance upgrades.
4. Alter OEM Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-Loop mode, for improved gas mileage or power.
5. Retains the daily driveability of the stock ECM which is usually sacrificed with a full aftermarket engine management upgrade.
6. Real-time tuning using Windows™ based MAP-CAL3 software supplied with the unit.
7. High-resolution 494 point Fuel table (0-10,000 RPM and -10 to +42 PSI) allows fine tuning for performance and driveability.
8. Ability to run different fuels or performance levels using two (2) completely independent Fuel, Timing, O2 Adjust, Auxiliary Injector and Boost Control tables switchable on-the-fly.
9. Built-in display and logging of key engine parameters such as RPM, Throttle Position, Boost Pressure, Airflow, Timing Adjust, Auxiliary Injector Duty, Boost Control Duty.
10. On-board support for display and logging of popular aftermarket wideband Lambda sensors/controllers.
11. On-board programmable NOS window activation switch can also be used to turn on other accessories at set RPM/PSI points.
12. Faster and stronger boost with the on-board programmable Electronic Boost Control (EBC) using solenoid control of the wastegate.
13. Fast and repeatable launches using the on-board programmable Launch Control with Speed input and Ignition Retard.
14. Removal of factory Fuel and Speed Cuts using the on-board programmable Fuel Cut Defeat and Speed Cut Defeat.
15. Compensate for wheel size or gearing changes with the on-board programmable Speed Adjust.
16. Drive a Shift Light or alter VTEC™ point with the on-board programmable RPM Switch.
17. Single unit can be used for Naturally Aspirated or forced induction applications with user selectable pressure scale configuration.
18. Simple upgrade from MAP-ECU using the same 16-Way harness and ability to import and convert V2.1 and V2.2 Fuel tables.
19. Simple piggy-back installation only requires 7 wires to operate with no major re-wiring of OEM components.
This MAP-ECU3 combines the functionality of other manufacturers Air Flow Converters and Vane to Pressure Converters into the one unit, plus more. It is supplied with a blank table for professional engine tuners who have the experience to customise the configuration. Many base tables are available for popular vehicles. The MAP-ECU3 tables are programmed using a 2D Table Mode or the 3D Graph Mode. Both views allow real-time editing of the MAP-ECU3 Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector and O2 Adjust configuration.
The graphical user interface allows real-time configuration and monitoring of the MAP-ECU, even while running the vehicle on a dyno, etc.